The Moran School Photographic Workshop Program is open to Australian schools and students enrolled in Years 3 to 12.
Please fill in the form to request a workshop for your school.
Schools will be selected based on criteria that aims to be inclusive and equitable for all schools.
7 reasons why your school needs a free workshop
- The workshops are free and we really mean it! All equipment for the day is supplied including cameras, printers and photographic paper – there is no cost to the school.
- Students will learn ground-roots skills in visual story-telling with our professional photography teachers, all of whom are award winning photographers and experienced teachers.
- Your year 3-12 students’ photos will be entered for free in the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize, one of Australia’s most coveted awards, with tremendous prizes for both the school and student in cash and equipment – in fact there is $20,000 in prize money for students/schools plus cameras.
- Free publicity for your school – the Moran Arts Foundation will supply you with a press release for the local newspaper to tell your community about your school’s new found talents.
- Your school will have the opportunity to exhibit the students’ photos taken and printed during the workshop in an exhibition at your school that can raise much needed funds for school projects.
- We’ve found that students and teachers who come to the workshops love our hands-on, fun learning environment. They take home life-long skills while their creativity and confidence grows.
- The Moran Arts Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected arts organisations known for Australia’s richest arts prize – the benefits from learning with the best are many.
Information for Teachers and Parents
Each workshop has a maximum of 30 children per class. Each child has their own digital camera and camera card to use for the day. At the end of the day each student selects and prints 5 of their photographs and the workshop concludes with a discussion of their photographs. Workshops must be supervised by teachers and parent support is very welcome.
For further information and to view comments from teachers and students about the program download the Program Student Information Kit.